Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha Piperita)
AWO’s 100% pure Peppermint Essential Oil (Menthol Piperita) is known for its pleasantly refreshing, subtly crisp and overall balanced essence; in fact, many say that it is incredibly similar to the scent of candy-canes! In comparison to the cool and decongesting aroma of Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha Arvensis), Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha Piperita) carries a sweeter and lighter scent.
On top of its well-liked aroma, the benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil (Menthol Piperita) have been seen to be beneficial in all aspects of life, from therapeutic uses to household applications.
- When diffused and inhaled Peppermint Oil has been seen to ease headaches, migraines, hay fever and sinus congestion as well as common cold and flu symptoms.
- Peppermint Oil is also rich in antiseptic and clearing properties, making it a great essential oil for cuts, small wounds, abrasions and insect bites; in fact, when applied to mosquito bites it is known to stop the irritating ‘itch’.
- In saying this, this oil is known to be one of the best essential oils for insects; the powerful menthol content within Peppermint Oil makes it an effective repellent for insects, spiders, wasps, bees, mosquitoes, mice and other household rodents.
- In aromatherapy, Peppermint Essential Oil is highly valued for its soothing and calming abilities, particularly when it comes to soothing tempers. These benefits are also known to help combat mental exhaustion whilst promoting focus and attentiveness.
- The refreshing and uplifting aroma also makes it a fantastic natural fragrance that can be used in candle and soap making.
Not to mention, Peppermint Essential Oil blends well with a variety of essential oils. For those wanting to create an invigorating essential oil blend that will enliven the senses, combine Peppermint Oil with Bergamot essential oil, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin and Sweet Orange essential oil. In addition, Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha Piperita) blends well with Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Jasmine, Lavender, Nerolina, Palmarosa and Rosemary essential oils. You can also read our Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha Piperita) reviews below to see how other people are enjoying Peppermint Essential Oil.
- To experience the aromatic benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha Piperita), add a few drops to your Aromatherapy Diffuser, Car Diffuser or Diffuser Necklace.
- The energising and invigorating properties within Peppermint Oil makes it the perfect essential oil to have diffusing in any office or study space.
- For those wanting to use Peppermint Essential Oil topically, simply add a few drops to your preferred carrier oil at a 1 -2% dilution and apply as a massage oil.
- To experiencing the energising effects of Peppermint Oil whilst on-the-go, you can also dilute this essential oil in a carrier oil, we recommend using Fractionated Coconut Oil, add this dilution to a glass roller bottle and apply to the temples and wrists.
- For facial application, we recommend a 1% dilution.
Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
Plant Part: Herb
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Country of Origin: India
Peppermint Essential Oil Safety
- Peppermint Essential Oil is not to be taken internally. Essential Oils are highly concentrated, powerful oils and have the ability to cause serious harm if ingested without the necessary expertise required - for this reason, ingestion of essential oils is NOT recommended for the general public.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using Peppermint Essential Oil during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- To avoid possible skin sensitivity, dilute prior to topical application.
- It is also important to know that Peppermint Essential Oil is known to be toxic to dogs and pets, you should therefore avoid using it around dogs and pets.
Buy Peppermint Essential Oil Online
Extracted from the Mentha piperita plant species,AWO’s 100% pure Peppermint Essential Oil is ethically sourced using the steam distillation method. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure essential oils offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality essential oils you can buy online today, we also offer shipping Australia wide.
25 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Awesome Thank You
Great smell enjoying it.
Love the scent, great value BUT every bottle I've ordered is difficult to use (except in the heat of summer) as the essential oil crystallises around the lip of the bottle so nothing comes out.
repellant for insects
This is my second bottle from AWO and it's a great product. It does the job, is of high quality and AWO send it out FAST! Will definitely be back from my third bottle in a few months!
Super fast service. Amazing quality product! We use it around the house for pests and insects and it works wonders!
True Peppermint scent with So many uses ✅ my daily go to “ awakening, uplifting “ the list goes on
Bought this product to aid in my anxiety and depression recovery and love the smell in my house while doing my meditation and yoga. Delivery was also incredibly quick and price was the best I could find anywhere.