LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL
The deeply refreshing, citrusy and invigorating aroma of Lemon Essential Oil will have you thinking of nothing but the summer sunshine. In addition to its well-liked aroma, the benefits of Lemon Essential Oil are highly valued when it comes to all thing’s aromatherapy, skincare, natural cleaning and much more! Perhaps this is why it is one of the most popular essential oils.
- Above all, the benefits of Lemon Essential Oil are primarily known to energise and bring clarity to those suffering from brain fog and mental fatigue.
- The astringent properties within Lemon Essential Oil counteracts the production of sebum on the skin, making it one of the best essential oils for acne and oily skin.
- Lemon Essential Oil also works as a natural toner and when diluted and applied to the skin, it has been seen to invigorate dull complexion.
- Other Lemon Essential Oil benefits are well-known in haircare; the properties within Lemon Oil work together to lift dead skin cells which in turn, has been seen to assist with treating dandruff and greasy hair.
- Plus, its natural antiseptic abilities makes it one of the best essential oils for cold sores, cuts, wounds and painful insect bites.
- Not only that, from an aromatherapy perspective the benefits of Lemon Essential Oil are known to soothe and relieve headaches and migraines, boost mental alertness, and clear the mind to improve decision making.
Lemon Oil Key Benefits:
- Known to energise the mind and reduce mental fatigue
- Acts to balance the skin’s oils – good for managing acne\
- Antiseptic properties help relieve cuts, sores and bites
- Beneficial for treating dandruff and greasy hair
- Can relieve headaches and migraines
- May improve mental alertness
- Helps treat fungal diseases like warts and athlete’s foot
- Removes unpleasant aromas indoors
Lemon Oil Therapeutic Properties:
Antibacterial, Antiseptic, Anti-fungal, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Decongestant, Immune Support, Respiratory Aid
Lemon Oil General Uses:
Aromatherapy, Household Cleaning, Skincare, Massage, Meditation & Yoga, Personal Care
Lemon Oil Emotional Benefits:
Energising, Uplifting, Balancing, Meditative, Spiritual
How to use Lemon Essential Oil
- Diffuse: Add a few drops to an aromatherapy diffuser and let the zesty aroma of Lemon Essential Oil fill your environment.
- Topically: Dilute a few drops of Lemon Oil into a carrier oil, massage oil, or moisturiser to soothe sore, tight and fatigued muscles.
- Skin Serum: Add a few drops to a carrier oil of choice; we recommend Jojoba Oil or Rosehip Oil as these carrier oils are well known for their skin benefits. Once diluted, apply nightly to desired areas, avoiding your eyes and sensitive areas.
See topical dilution guide below for safe topical application
- Foot Spa: To relieve sore feet add a drop or two of Lemon Essential Oil to a pool of warm water before soaking your feet.
- On The Go: Add 4-6 drops of Lemon Oil to a 15ml roller bottle and top with Fractionated Coconut Oil to create an on-the-go energizing roller blend.
- Fast Remedy: Add 1-2 drops of Lemon Oil to a tissue and inhale at a distance while ensuring that the oil does not come into direct contact with your skin. Alternatively, you can smell the oil directly from the bottle!
Topical Dilution Guidelines
Please note that the following guidelines are recommended for healthy adults:
- General Use: 2 – 4% dilution (4 – 8 drops per 10ml)
- Facial Application: 1 – 2% dilution (2 – 4 drops per 10ml)
Botanical Name: Citrus limonum
Other Names: Lemon Pressed Essential Oil, Lemon Cold Pressed Essential Oil
INCI Name: Citrus Limon Peel Oil
Cas Number: 8008-56-8
EINECS Number: 284-515-8
Ingredients: 100% Citrus limonum (Lemon) Oil
Plant Part: Fruit Rind
Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed
Appearance: Clear, thin liquid
Colour: Pale yellow to yellow
Country of Origin: Australia
Key Constituents: Limonene
Aroma: Lemony, Citrus, Fresh
Lemon Essential Oil Safety
- Essential oils are extremely potent and can cause serious harm if used incorrectly.
- In line with the Therapeutic Goods Act, we do not recommend ingesting essential oils without the guidance of a registered Aromatherapist or Naturopath.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using essential oils during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- Essential oils are very concentrated and are likely to cause irritation or reactions if applied directly to the skin. For this reason, we recommend diluting your essential oils before using topically (on the skin).
Buy Lemon Essential Oil Online
Extracted from the fruit rind of the Citrus limonum plant species, AWO’s 100% pure Lemon Essential Oil is ethically sourced and extracted using the cold pressing method. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure essential oils offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality essential oils you can buy online today, we also offer shipping Australia wide.
100% Pure & Natural
Our products are ethically sourced from the highest quality ingredients.
No GMO's Or Synthetics
This product is free from genetically modified organisms and synthetic enhancers.
Not Tested On Animals
We are proud to ensure that our products are not tested on animals.
This product is plant based and vegan friendly.
We are dedicated to providing eco-friendly, recyclable packaging.
Dangerous Goods Notice:
This item cannot be shipped overseas or via express within Australia as it is classified as a Dangerous Good for shipping purposes.