PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL (MENTHA ARVENSIS)
Just like the refreshing herb, AWO’s 100% Pure Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha Arvensis) carries an incredibly crisp, invigorating and subtly sweet aroma, that has been seen to enliven those feeling tired and fatigued. When compared to our Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha Piperita), our Mentha Arvensis variety is known to have a deeply crisp and cooler scent.
The benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil are extremely versatile and can assist across almost all aspects of life; perhaps this is why it is known to be one of the most popular essential oils.
- On top of all benefits, Peppermint Essential Oil is best known for its clearing and antiseptic properties. For this reason, it is most commonly used to help ease headaches, migraines, hay fever, sinus congestion and cold and flu symptoms.
- Because of its pleasantly refreshing and well-liked aroma, Peppermint Oil is commonly used as a natural frangrancing agent in candles and soaps.
- Other benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil have been seen to soothe tempers and assist those battling with emotional and mental fatigue.
- Not to mention, it is known to be one of the best essential oils for insects; the incredibly potent menthol content within Peppermint Oil makes it a powerful repellent for spiders, wasps, bees and mosquitoes. In saying this, it is also commonly used to deter rats and other unwanted house rodents.
Peppermint Oil Key Benefits:
- Known to help clear nasal congestion & reduce sinus pain
- Also beneficial for reducing other cold & flu symptoms
- Helps ease headaches, migraines & hay fever
- Can assist with emotional & mental fatigue
- Aids in increasing concentration & easing brain fog
- Often used to repel spiders, wasps, mosquitoes & rodents
- Acts to relieve respiratory issues like asthma
- Can settle feelings of nausea and vertigo
- Can reduce symptoms of flatulence
Peppermint Oil Therapeutic Properties:
Analgesic, Antiseptic, Anti-inflammatory, Antibacterial, Decongestant, Digestive Support, Immune Support, Respiratory Aid
Peppermint Oil General Uses:
Aromatherapy, Massage, Meditation & Yoga, Personal Care, Household Cleaning, Insect/Rodent Repellent
Peppermint Oil Emotional Benefits:
Clarifying, Stimulating, Harmonising, Energizing, Uplifting, Revitalising
How to use Peppermint Essential Oil
- Diffuse: Add a few drops to an aromatherapy diffuser and let the strong aroma of Peppermint Oil fill your environment and aid in decongesting and mental focus.
- Massage: Dilute a few drops of Peppermint Oil into a carrier oil or massage oil to soothe sore, tight and fatigued muscles.
See topical dilution guide below for safe topical application
- Migraine Stick: Add 8-10 drops of Peppermint Oil to a 15ml roller bottle and top with Fractionated Coconut Oil to create an on-the-go migraine aid.
- Foot Spa: To help relieve sore feet add a drop or two of Peppermint Essential Oil to a pool of warm water before soaking your feet.
- Insect Repellent: Add 8-10 drops of Peppermint Oil to a 15ml roller bottle and top with Fractionated Coconut Oil to create a natural insect repellent. You can also create a natural insect repellent spray for your home by adding 10-20 drops to a spray bottle topped with water and a dash of alcohol or vinegar - spray around the outside of your home (particularly doorframes and window frames) to help keep unwelcome pests away.
- Rodent Deterrent: Drop a few drops of Peppermint oil onto a tissue or cotton bud and place in areas where rodents are an issue (such as in your roof)
- Fast Remedy: Add 1-2 drops of Peppermint Oil to a tissue and inhale at a distance while ensuring that the oil does not come into direct contact with your skin. Alternatively, you can smell the oil directly from the bottle!
Note: Due to its high menthol content, Peppermint Oil may begin to crystallise in cooler ambient temperatures. Simply heat it gently by placing the base of your bottle in a cup of warm water until it returns to it's liquid state.
Topical Dilution Guidelines
Peppermint Oil is particularly potent, so the recommended topical application is less than the regular recommended amount. Please note that the following guidelines are recommended for healthy adults:
- General Use: 1 – 3% dilution (2 – 6 drops per 10ml)
- Facial Application: 1% dilution (2 drops per 10ml)
Botanical Name: Mentha arvensis
Other Names: Cornmint Essential Oil, Mint Essential Oil
INCI Name: Mentha arvensis herb oil
Cas Number: 90063-97-1
EINECS Number: 290-058-5
Ingredients: 100% Mentha arvensis (Mint) Leaf Oil
Plant Part: Herb
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation. Dementholised
Appearance: Clear, thin liquid
Colour: Colourlessto pale yellow
Country of Origin: India
Key Constituents: Menthol, L-Menthone, Iso-Menthone, Limonene
Aroma: Minty, crisp, sweet, herbaceous
Peppermint Essential Oil Safety
- Essential oils are extremely potent and can cause serious harm if used incorrectly.
- In line with the Therapeutic Goods Act, we do not recommend ingesting essential oils without the guidance of a registered Aromatherapist or Naturopath.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using essential oils during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- Essential oils are very concentrated and are likely to cause irritation or reactions if applied directly to the skin. For this reason, we recommend diluting your essential oils before using topically (on the skin).
- Like all Peppermint Essential Oils, Peppermint Oil Mentha Arvensis is known to be toxic to pets and for this reason, we advise against using it whilst pets are present.
Buy Peppermint Essential Oil Online
Extracted from the Mentha arvensis plant species, AWO’s 100% pure Peppermint Essential Oil is ethically sourced and extracted using the steam distillation method. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure essential oils offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality essential oils you can buy online today, we also offer shipping Australia wide.
100% Pure & Natural
Our products are ethically sourced from the highest quality ingredients.
No GMO's Or Synthetics
This product is free from genetically modified organisms and synthetic enhancers.
Not Tested On Animals
We are proud to ensure that our products are not tested on animals.
This product is plant based and vegan friendly.
We are dedicated to providing eco-friendly, recyclable packaging.
Dangerous Goods Notice:
This item cannot be shipped overseas or via express within Australia as it is classified as a Dangerous Good for shipping purposes.