Copaiba Essential Oil is derived from the vacuum distillation of the gum resin tapped from the large Copaiba tree, native to the Amazon.
To extract the resin, a hole is drilled / tapped into the copaiba tree, which can grow anywhere from 15-30 meters high. This sustainable rainforest resource can be harvested without affecting the health of the tree or the rainforest in which it grows. The extracted liquid resin found within the tree, undergoes a double vacuumed distillation to separate off the precious aromatic oil, making it more soluble, and easier to use.
The woody and balsamic scent of this essential oil has been used by the natives of Amazonia for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory virtues, as well as being sought after in fine perfumery since the 16th century.
- Copaiba Essential Oil is high in the compound beta-caryophyllene, which is an anti-inflammatory compound. According to the Tisserand Institute ‘copaiba is one of the safest oils to use on the skin. It can be very useful in healing, soothing irritation and treating chronic skin disease.’(Tisserland Institute 2020) particularly when applied topically to the skin.
- Copaiba Oil is calming and soothing to the emotions. Diffusing copaiba can help create a peaceful and relaxing environment.
- When blended with your favourite carrier oil, copaiba can help promote a smooth complexion and reduce the appearance of blemishes
- Copaiba Essential Oil can also be used to relieve fatigued muscles
Copaiba Essential Oil blends well with a variety of essential oils including Lavender, Lemongrass, Ylang Ylang, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Black Pepper, Frankincense, Marjoram Sweet, Carrot Seed or Grapefruit.
- Diffuse: Add a few drops to an aromatherapy diffuser or electric vaporiser and let the calming aroma of Copaiba Essential Oil fill your environment.
- Massage: Dilute a few drops of Copaiba Oil into a carrier oil, massage oil, or moisturiser to soothe sore, tight, and fatigued muscles.
- Skin Serum: Add a few drops to a carrier oil of choice; we recommend Jojoba Oil or Rosehip Oil as these carrier oils are known for their skin benefits. Once diluted, gently apply to desired areas, and let the oil absorb into the skin.
- Bath: Add a few drops to a warm bath to soothe sore and fatigued muscles.
- Foot Spa: To relieve sore, aching feet add a few drops of Copaiba Essential Oil to a pool of warm water before soaking.
- On The Go: Add 4 – 6 drops of Copaiba Oil to a 15ml roller bottle and top with Fractionated Coconut Oil to create an on-the-go calming roller blend.
- Cleansing Shower: Add a drop to each corner of the shower, the aroma will rise with the steam to create a cleansing and restorative atmosphere.
- Fast Remedy: Add 1 – 2 drops of Copaiba Essential Oil to a tissue and inhale at a distance while ensuring that the oil does not come into direct contact with the skin.
Please note that the following guidelines are recommended for healthy adults:
- General Use: 2 – 4% dilution (4 – 8 drops per 10ml)
- Facial Application: 1 – 2% dilution (2 – 4 drops per 10ml)
Botanical Name: Copaifera spp
INCI NAME: Copaifera reticulata / officinalis balsam oil
CAS # 8001-61-4
Plant Family: Fabaceae
Plant Part: Gum Resin / Balsam
Method of Extraction: Vacuum distilled of Copaiba Balsam (Copairfera reticulata / Copaifera officinalis) – Bi-Rectified
Appearance: Limpid Liquid
Colour: Colourless to pale yellow
Country of Origin: France
Chemical Constituents: Beta-caryophyllene (up to 50%)
Aroma: Woody, balsamic, warm
Copaiba Essential Oil Safety
- Essential oils are extremely potent and can cause serious harm if used incorrectly.
- In line with the Therapeutic Goods Act, we do not recommend ingesting essential oils without the guidance of a registered Aromatherapist or Naturopath.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using essential oils during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- Essential oils are very concentrated and are likely to cause irritation or reactions if applied directly to the skin. For this reason, we recommend diluting your essential oils before using topically (on the skin).
Extracted from the Copaifera ssp, AWO’s 100% Pure Copaiba Essential Oil is ethically sourced via vacuum distillation of the resin. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure essential oils, offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality essential oils you can buy online today. We also offer shipping Australia wide.
100% Pure & Natural
Our products are ethically sourced from the highest quality ingredients.
No GMO's Or Synthetics
This product is free from genetically modified organisms and synthetic enhancers.
Not Tested On Animals
We are proud to ensure that our products are not tested on animals.
This product is plant based and vegan friendly.
We are dedicated to providing eco-friendly, recyclable packaging.
Dangerous Goods Notice:
This item cannot be shipped overseas or via express within Australia as it is classified as a Dangerous Good for shipping purposes.