Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil
The lovely Marjoram Sweet Essential Oil carries a warm, herbal and peppery aroma that comes together with floral top notes. In addition to its well-liked scent, Marjoram Sweet Oil, also known as Marjoram Oil, is highly valued for its host of benefits that have been seen to assist in all aspects of life. In fact, the benefits of Marjoram Essential Oil date all the way back to Ancient Egypt where it was prized for its powerful healing properties. Due to its balanced aroma and versatile benefits, it is also closely related to Oregano Essential Oil.
Nowadays, Marjoram Oil is highly valued for the following benefits:
- When diluted and used topically the benefits of Marjoram Essential Oil are well-known to assist with digestive upsets such as stomach cramps, nausea and indigestion.
- Marjoram Oil is also known to exert powerful pain-relieving qualities that may assist with sore and tight muscles.
- Due to its mood-boosting properties, Marjoram Essential Oil is commonly referred to as the ‘oil of kindness’.
- It is also highly valued for its ability to relieve exhaustion and mental fatigue while having a calming and soothing effect on the mind.
- The powerful antispasmodic properties within Marjoram Essential Oil may also assist with muscle spasms and excessive coughing.
Due to its well-rounded aroma, Marjoram Sweet Essential Oil blends well with a variety of different essential oils. To create a soothing blend simply combine your Marjoram Essential Oil with Basil Essential Oil, Black Pepper, Juniper Berry, Bergamot, Cypress, Orange Sweet, Lavender or Tea Tree Essential Oils.
How To Use
- Diffuse: Add a few drops to an aromatherapy diffuser or electric vaporiser and let the calming and refreshing aroma of Marjoram Sweet Essential Oil fill your environment.
- Massage: Dilute a few drops of Marjoram Oil into a carrier oil, massage oil, or moisturiser to soothe sore, tight and fatigued muscles.
- Skin Serum: Add a few drops to a carrier oil of choice; we recommend Jojoba Oil or Rosehip Oil as these carrier oils are known for their skin benefits. Once diluted, gently apply to desired areas and let the oil absorb into the skin.
- Bath: Add a few drops to a warm bath to soothe sore and fatigued muscles.
- Foot Spa: To relieve sore, aching feet add a few drops of Marjoram Essential Oil to a pool of warm water before soaking.
- On The Go: Add 4 – 6 drops of Marjoram Oil to a 15ml roller bottle and top with Fractionated Coconut Oil to create an on-the-go calming roller blend.
- Cleansing Shower: Add a drop to each corner of the shower, the aroma will rise with the steam to create a cleansing and restorative atmosphere.
- Fast Remedy: Add 1 – 2 drops of Marjoram Sweet Essential Oil to a tissue and inhale at a distance while ensuring that the oil does not come into direct contact with the skin.
Please note that the following guidelines are recommended for healthy adults:
- General Use: 2 – 4% dilution (4 – 8 drops per 10ml)
- Facial Application: 1 – 2% dilution (2 – 4 drops per 10ml)
Botanical Name: Origanum majorana L. (Majorana hortensis Moench)
Plant Part: Flowering Tops/Leaves
Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
Country of Origin: Egypt (Labieae)
Safety: Avoid during pregnancy
Marjoram Essential Oil Safety
- Essential oils are extremely potent and can cause serious harm if used incorrectly.
- In line with the Therapeutic Goods Act, we do not recommend ingesting essential oils without the guidance of a registered Aromatherapist or Naturopath.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using essential oils during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- Essential oils are very concentrated and are likely to cause irritation or reactions if applied directly to the skin. For this reason, we recommend diluting your essential oils before using topically (on the skin).
Buy Marjoram Essential Oil Online
Extracted from the flowering tops of the Origanum majorana L. botanical species, AWO’s 100% pure Marjoram Sweet Essential Oil is ethically sourced using the steam distillation method. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure essential oils, offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality essential oils you can buy online today. We also offer shipping Australia wide!
100% Pure & Natural
Our products are ethically sourced from the highest quality ingredients.
No GMO's Or Synthetics
This product is free from genetically modified organisms and synthetic enhancers.
Not Tested On Animals
We are proud to ensure that our products are not tested on animals.
This product is plant based and vegan friendly.
We are dedicated to providing eco-friendly, recyclable packaging.
Dangerous Goods Notice:
This item cannot be shipped overseas or via express within Australia as it is classified as a Dangerous Good for shipping purposes.