Myrrh Essential Oil
Carrying an aroma that is somewhat spicy, warm and resinous, with exotic notes of balsamic and amber-wood, Myrrh Essential Oil is redolent of its Middle Eastern, religious associations. In fact, in keeping with its biblical connotations, Myrrh Essential Oil is typically blended with Frankincense Essential Oil to promote feelings of spirituality and peace.
In addition, the benefits of Myrrh Essential Oil can assist with all aspects of life, from aromatherapy and skincare to general health and wellbeing.
- The soothing and calming properties of Myrrh Essential Oil makes it a popular essential oil for meditation.
- In aromatherapy the benefits of Myrrh Essential Oil are known to encourage relaxation and feelings of wellbeing. It is also commonly used as a natural anti-depressant.
- When diffused and inhaled, Myrrh Essential Oil has been seen to help dispel negative thoughts and emotional lethargy. It has also been seen to help strengthen the immune system.
- Other benefits of Myrrh Essential Oil can be received via topical application; in fact, the cleansing, astringent, and moisturising properties within Myrrh Essential Oil have been seen to keep complexion clean and fresh. Because of this, it is used in creams, lotions, and foot care products. These powerful healing properties within Myrrh Essential Oil also makes it a fantastic essential oil for eczema and skin infections.
For those wanting to create their own essential oil blend, Myrrh Essential Oil blends well with Clary Sage essential oil, Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Mandarin, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Peppermint, Pine Scotch and Tea Tree essential oils. To create a calming essential oil blend that will help you relax and unwind, combine your Myrrh Essential Oil with Bergamot essential oil, Frankincense, Geranium, , Lavender or Sandalwood essential oils. You can also read our Myrrh Essential Oil reviews below to see how other people are enjoying Myrrh Essential Oil.
- To experience the aromatic benefits of Myrrh Essential Oil, add a few drops to your Aromatherapy Diffuser, Car Diffuser, or Diffuser Necklace.
- The restorative and mentally uplifting properties within Myrrh Oil makes it the perfect essential oil to have diffusing in any living space.
- It is also a very popular essential oil to diffuse whilst practicing yoga, meditation or Pilates.
- For those wanting to use Myrrh Essential Oil topically, simply add a few drops to your preferred carrier oil at a 2% dilution and apply as a skin serum or massage oil.
- For facial application, we recommend a 1% dilution.
- Other benefits of Myrrh Essential Oil can also be received when diluted in existing skincare products, lotions and moisturisers.
Botanical Name: Commiphora myrrha
Plant Part: Resin
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Country of Origin: Somalia
Myrrh Essential Oil Safety
- Myrrh Essential Oil is not to be taken internally. Essential Oils are highly concentrated, powerful oils and have the ability to cause serious harm if ingested without the necessary expertise required - for this reason, ingestion of essential oils is NOT recommended for the general public.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using Myrrh Essential Oil during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- To avoid possible skin sensitivity, dilute prior to topical application.
Buy Myrrh Essential Oil Online
Extracted from the leaves of the Commiphora myrrha plant species, AWO’s 100% pure Myrrh Essential Oil is ethically sourced using the steam distillation method. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure essential oils offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality essential oils you can buy online today, we also offer shipping Australia wide.
25 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The smell of this oil remind me of my parent use some stone / crystal like and some long slim stick that they used for ritual in Javanese traditional religion, i had never paid attention before . i just found out myrrh in my country is kemenyan, dupa Now I use this oil on my sore feet it has helped a lot. my feet feel better. Thank you AWO.
Beautiful oil, very affordable, prompt service from AWO
Thank you for such a well packed, and beautiful product. So very happy with all the oils I purchase, so will be a regular customer from now on... love the speedy results of the order. Definitely big Congrats to your team for Job well done.
Good quality and good price. Good service and quick delivery.
I purchased Myrrh for the hormone regulation (pituitary gland) & it's effectiveness on internalized stress. While I can't report on it's efficacy yet, it does resemble authentic product in smell & texture. Cute bottle, nice packaging, quick delivery & also best value for money.
Using this in combination of immortelle & other skin rejuvenating oils, I can feel instant improvements
High quality and affordable!
Don’t overestimate this oil it’s very powerful and has a very strong scent throw.
This one isn't the usual type of oil that I do go for but in the season of Christmas time coming I thought it would be worth it. It's an interesting woody smell and I am still trying to work out the best ways I can use it.