You’ll most probably recognise the distinctive, exotic aroma of Sandalwood Essential Oil, with its deeply earthy, somewhat wood tones laced with subtle balsamic notes. In addition to its well-liked aroma, AWO’s 100% pure Sandalwood Essential Oil contains well above the average percentage of alpha santalol, a naturally occurring compound that is known to be beneficial for physical and mental wellbeing.
- In aromatherapy these properties of Sandalwood Essential Oil, along with its natural calming effect, have been seen to assist with anxiety, fatigue and insomnia.
- Medicinally, Sandalwood Oil is well known for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. These benefits have also been seen to assist with sore throats, chest infections and dry coughs.
- When diluted and applied topically this oil is known to help relieve inflammation and itching and has proven helpful for infected wounds, acne and boils.
- In skincare, the benefits of Sandalwood Oil are also known to be particularly effective for dry and aging complexions. In saying this, it has also been seen to balance oils on the skin.
Not to mention, Sandalwood Essential Oil blends well with a variety of different essential oils. For those wanting to create their own essential oil blend, combine your Sandalwood Essential Oil with Basil essential oil, Black Pepper, Frankincense, Lavender, Lemon, Nerolina, Rose Geranium and Vetiver essential oils. You can also read our Sandalwood Oil reviews below to see how other people are enjoying Sandalwood Essential Oil.
- To experience the aromatic benefits of Sandalwood Essential Oil, add a few drops to your Aromatherapy Diffuser, Car Diffuser or Diffuser Necklace.
- The deeply soothing aroma of Sandalwood Oil makes it the perfect essential oil to have diffusing in any bedroom or lounge area.
- For those wanting to use Sandalwood Essential Oil topically, simply add a few drops to your preferred carrier oil at a 1 - 2% dilution and apply as a massage oil or skin serum.
- For facial application, we recommend a 1% dilution.
Botanical Name: Santalum spicatum
Plant Part: Wood
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Country of Origin: Australia (Western)
Sandalwood Essential Oil Safety
- Sandalwood Essential Oil is not to be taken internally. Essential Oils are highly concentrated, powerful oils and have the ability to cause serious harm if ingested without the necessary expertise required - for this reason, ingestion of essential oils is NOT recommended for the general public.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using Sandalwood Essential Oil during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- To avoid possible skin sensitivity, dilute prior to topical application.
Buy Sandalwood Essential Oil Online
Extracted from the wood of the Santalum spicatum plant species, AWO’s 100% pure Sandalwood Essential Oil is ethically sourced using the steam distillation method. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure essential oils offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality essential oils you can buy online today, we also offer shipping Australia wide.
25 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I love all the oils from AWO. Excellent service and very affordable. Great quality oils!
Beautiful Clean and aromatic
Absolutely LOVE IT
Love everything about this oil
Love it very much!
Good quality essential oil, we love it so much
Great product - great price.
I just LOVE this Sandalwood and although only a few drops are needed I tend to put far more in my aromatherapy mixes. I just wish that I could afford the larger size, but hopefully my aromatherapy home business will get off the ground and I can afford the larger bottles. Super quick delivery time too.