Vetiver Essential Oil
Vetiver Essential Oil boasts a uniquely exotic and complex aroma that can be described as woody, smoky, earthy and somewhat sweet. Steam Distilled from the roots, this antioxidant essential oil is jam packed with therapeutic properties that have been valued for thousands of years both medically, and in fine perfumery.
- Emotionally, the benefits of Vetiver Essential Oil are highly valued for its calming, balancing and soothing effect on the mind. Not to mention, it is prized for its ability to help promote relaxation and restful sleep whilst easing anxiety, stress and nervousness.
- These emotional impacts are said to be proven effective in treating the symptoms of ADHD in children, with the calming and relaxing properties helping with focus, concentration and patience.
- The benefits of Vetiver Essential Oil have also been seen to ease physical and emotional turmoil in those who experience anxiety and depression. Not to mention, it is also commonly used to treat and alleviate muscle pains and headaches.
- Other uses are known to regulate hormone function, making it perfect to use during menopause as it is said to reduce the symptoms of hot flushes.
- From a skincare perspective, Vetiver Oil has been seen to promote healthy skin rejuvenation whilst speeding the healing process when it comes to scars and damaged skin. It is also effective in reducing blemishes whilst strengthening the skin.
In addition, Vetiver Essential Oil blends well with several essential oils. To create a calming essential oil blend that will help soothe the mind, combine Vetiver Oil with Bergamot essential oil, Frankincense, Lavender, Rose, Sandalwood or Ylang Ylang essential oils. Vetiver Essential Oil also blends well with Clary Sage, Lemon, Myrrh and Patchouli essential oils. You can also read our Vetiver Oil reviews below to see how other people are enjoying Vetiver Essential Oil.
- To experience the aromatic benefits of Vetiver Essential Oil, add a few drops to your Aromatherapy Diffuser, Car Diffuser or Diffuser Necklace.
- The powerfully calming and soothing nature of Vetiver Oil makes it the perfect essential oil to have diffusing in any bedroom or living space.
- For those wanting to use Vetiver Essential Oil topically, simply add a few drops to your preferred carrier oil at a 1 - 2% dilution and apply as a massage oil or skin serum.
- Athletes and those who partake in strenuous exercise may find Vetiver Oil to be effective in releasing muscle tension and spasm.
Botanical Name: Vetiveria zizanioides
Other Name: Vetiver Java Oil
Plant Part: Roots
Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
Country of Origin: Indonesia
Vetiver Essential Oil Safety
- Vetiver Essential Oil is not to be taken internally. Essential Oils are highly concentrated, powerful oils and have the ability to cause serious harm if ingested without the necessary expertise required - for this reason, ingestion of essential oils is NOT recommended for the general public.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets. Vetiver Essential Oil has been seen to be particularly harmful to pets and because of this, we advise against using it around animals.
- Avoid using Vetiver Essential Oil during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- To avoid possible skin sensitivity, dilute prior to topical application.
Buy Vetiver Essential Oil Online
Extracted from the roots of the Vetiveria zizanioides plant species, AWO’s 100% pure Vetiver Essential Oil is ethically sourced using the steam distillation method. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure essential oils offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality essential oils you can buy online today, we also offer shipping Australia wide.
23 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Vetiver EO it's a very calming action oil and I like the fragrance very much.
Such an interesting smell. Great for helping me sleep during menopause.
I’m a stickler and this is a great product. Smells great blends well
At first I wasn't sure about this one. But learnt quickly that with this quality product you really only need a drop or two. Now im addicted to Vetiver and absolutely love the scent. I brought this for use with menopause symptoms and it really does help..love it!!
arrived on time, helps sleep, concentration
I hadn't heard of Vetiver before, but I was drawn to the description in aiding ADHD. Gorgeous deep smokey tobacco notes that I use to define my space, and keep in the moment, while I study. I use it combined with lighter oils, like sweet basil, orange or lemon.
Got myself a 5ml size bottle to give this one a go as I've heard a lot of good things about vetiver from people I know. This smells really nice and I'm excited to incorporate it into my daily oils.
I love vetiver and this oil is great
Over the last three years I have spent thousands of dollars on a psychiatrist, acupucturist, nutritionist, hospital sleep studies, music, sound and visual devices, mediation programs, amino acids, sleep and anxiety supplements, yet my insomnia did not improve. Then two weeks ago I started putting a dab of Vetiver from AWO behind each ear before going to bed each night. At the same time I continued taking EVL – SleepMode (similar to Zhou - DriftOff). For the first time in 3 years I got a full nights sleep without using dangerous prescription sleeping tablets (that destroy brain neurons and invite dementia). I normally wake up after 2-3 hours sleep and then can't resume it. Now I wake up at this time again, but after visiting the bathroom, fall back to sleep again quickly. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. Anyone with insomnia should give this a ago. Not every solution works for each person, but this combo solution (Vetiver plus SleepMode) did for me after years of experimenting with everything else available.