AWO’s 100% pure Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark) carries a rich and deep aroma that comes together to form a heavy blend of spicy and earthy notes, with a mild crisp undertone. In saying this, it is a lot more pungent in comparison to Patchouli Essential Oil (Light).
For those wondering what makes Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark) and Patchouli Essential Oil (Light) so different, it is all in the production process. For Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark), the patchouli plant is distilled in cast iron vats rather than in stainless-steel. As a result, Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark) has a heavier aroma, whereas the lighter variation is lighter and clearer in colour. Not to mention, Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark) is known for its long list of benefits, as seen below:
- When it comes to the benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark), it is traditionally known for its calming effect on the central nervous system. Because of this calming effect, Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark) has been seen to ease tension and anxiety whilst grounding and balancing the emotions.
- In skincare, Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark) is highly nourishing and moisturizing, making it great for those who have dry skin.
- It has also been seen to help smooth wrinkles, blemishes and small imperfections.
- Not to mention, because of its deep and rich aroma, Patchouli Oil (Dark) is known for its powerful deodorizing abilities.
For those wanting to create their own essential oil blend, Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark) blends well with Bergamot essential oil, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Geranium, Lavender, Myrrh, Nerolina and Sandalwood essential oils. You can also read our Patchouli Essential Oil reviews below to see how other people are enjoying Patchouli Essential Oil.
- To experience the aromatic benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark), add a few drops to your Aromatherapy Diffuser, Car Diffuser or Diffuser Necklace.
- The calming and balancing properties within Patchouli Oil makes it the perfect essential oil to have diffusing in any living space.
- For those wanting to use Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark) topically, simply add a few drops to your preferred carrier oil at a 2% dilution and apply as a skin serum or massage oil.
- For facial application we recommend a 1% dilution.
- Patchouli Oil is known to be fantastic when it comes to skin care; to receive these benefits you can also dilute your Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark) in a base moisturiser and apply to the skin.
Botanical Name: Pogostemon cablin
Other Names: Patchouli Essential Oil
Plant Part: Leaves
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Country of Origin: Indonesia
Patchouli Essential Oil Safety
- Patchouli Essential Oil is not to be taken internally. Essential Oils are highly concentrated, powerful oils and have the ability to cause serious harm if ingested without the necessary expertise required - for this reason, ingestion of essential oils is NOT recommended for the general public.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using Patchouli Essential Oil during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- To avoid possible skin sensitivity, dilute prior to topical application.
Buy Patchouli Essential Oil Online
Extracted from the leaves of the Pogostemon cablin plant species, AWO’s 100% pure Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark) is ethically sourced using the steam distillation method. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure essential oils offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality essential oils you can buy online today, we also offer shipping Australia wide.
43 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I love, love, love it. My children and grandchildren know me for my patchouli. The girls use mine all the time so I bought them their own. And the packaging is fully recyclable. It would be great if we could return the bottles for reuse.
This oil is wonderful. Makes my whole house smell beautiful
Love this scent. The packaging was excellent and it arrived quicker than I expected. Happy to recommend.
Patchouli oil is all I use, I use it as perfume. Love it.
Great buy. Really helps pain in my wrist. Also relaxing smell.
A very good oil. Strong earthy smell. Recommended
Beautiful smelling oil (the real deal) my whole house smells gorgeous with only a few drops!
I like the aroma of the dark patchouli and I'm using it every day, but it really doesn't smell very patchouli-y. I'll try the light patchouli next time.