Patchouli Essential Oil (Light)
In comparison to Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark), AWO’s Patchouli Essential Oil (Light) is distilled in stainless steel vats rather than in cast iron vats (these are used to produce the darker variety). Because of this, Patchouli Essential Oil (Light) has a mildly crisp scent and is a lot lighter and clearer.
Whilst the benefits of both essential oils are rather similar, the aromas and compositions are quite different; Patchouli Essential Oil (Light) carries a musky yet floral aroma and is lighter in colour whereas, the Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark) has an earthy scent. In saying this, the benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil (Light) are known to be an effective treatment for the following:
- In aromatherapy, the benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil (Light) have been seen to have a deeply soothing effect on the central nervous system. This makes it one of the best essential oils for stress because when diffused and inhaled, it can instil balance and mental ease.
- When diluted and used topically, Patchouli Oil can be effective for moisturizing and nourishing the skin; in fact, it is particularly useful to those who suffer from dry or irritated skin.
- In skincare, it is also commonly used for smoothing out wrinkles, blemishes and small imperfections.
- Because of its pleasantly balanced aroma, Patchouli Essential Oil (Light) is also known for its powerful deodorizing properties.
In saying this, Patchouli Essential Oil (Light) blends well with a variety of essential oils. For those wanting to create their own essential oil blend, Patchouli Oil blends well with Bergamot essential oil, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Geranium, Lavender, Myrrh, Nerolina and Sandalwood essential oils. You can also read our Patchouli Essential Oil reviews below to see how other people are enjoying Patchouli Essential Oil.
- To experience the aromatic benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil (Light), add a few drops to your Aromatherapy Diffuser, Car Diffuser or Diffuser Necklace.
- The balancing properties within Patchouli Oil makes it the perfect essential oil to have diffusing in any living space.
- For those wanting to use Patchouli Essential Oil (Light) topically, simply add a few drops to your preferred carrier oil at a 2% dilution and apply as a skin serum or massage oil.
- For facial application we recommend a 1% dilution.
- Patchouli Oil is known to be fantastic when it comes to skin care; to receive these benefits dilute your Patchouli Essential Oil (Light) in a base moisturiser and apply to the skin.
Botanical Name: Pogostemon cablin.
Other Names: Patchouli Clear Essential Oil, Iron Free Patchouli Oil
Plant Part: Leaves
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Country of Origin: Indonesia
Patchouli Essential Oil Safety
- Patchouli Essential Oil is not to be taken internally. Essential Oils are highly concentrated, powerful oils and have the ability to cause serious harm if ingested without the necessary expertise required - for this reason, ingestion of essential oils is NOT recommended for the general public.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using Patchouli Essential Oil during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- To avoid possible skin sensitivity, dilute prior to topical application.
Buy Patchouli Essential Oil Online
Extracted from the leaves of the Pogostemon cablin plant species, AWO’s 100% pure Patchouli Essential Oil (Dark) is ethically sourced using the steam distillation method. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure essential oils offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality essential oils you can buy online today, we also offer shipping Australia wide.
17 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Quite strong, but not unpleasant. Glad I only got light.
My friend has been using patchouli for years. I purchased the light and dark and he loves both. Said the best he has ever used
Beautiful Oil lovely to blend or on its own ... People always comment on how nice this is when I where it
Fragrance not too different from standard dark Patchouli, not as heavy & slightly less earthy. The best thing is it leaves less sticky residue in an oil burner.
Fantastic oil, beautiful to use.
Wonderful essential oil, high quality and amazing exotic smell, I use it every day. Highly recommended
Another of my favorites, such an amazing oil and amazing value
Oh , one of my faves, pure gorgeous aroma of this oil is wonderful. Pop it into your skin cream. Just wear it everyday, I adore it.