LIME ESSENTIAL OIL - CERTIFIED ORGANIC*
Highly valued for its mentally revitalizing and uplifting abilities, AWO’s 100% Pure Organic Lime Essential Oil is extracted via Cold pressing of fresh lime rinds, and carries a refreshingly crisp, sweet, and zesty aroma that is reminiscent of fresh limes. Whilst Lime Oil is often overshadowed by its relative Lemon, don't underestimate the many benefits that Lime has to offer!
In addition to its well-liked essence, Lime Essential Oil benefits have been seen to assist across many aspects of life, such as:
- In aromatherapy, the benefits of Lime Essential Oil are known to uplift those who are feeling mentally exhausted and depressed. It has also been seen to raise spirits and provide new energy to those feeling drained and fatigued.
- Lime Essential Oil has been seen to help improve rheumatism, arthritis & poor circulation.
- When used in massage application, it has seen beneficial results in reducing cellulite and fluid retention.
- It is also highly valued for its ability to assist with inflammatory conditions.
- Because of its powerful toning and astringent qualities, Lime Essential Oil is highly valued when it comes to all things skincare - particularly its ability to help clear blocked pores and balance oily prone skin. Because of this many consider Lime Oil to be one of the best essential oils for acne.
- Its refreshing aroma and antibacterial properties can help to banish odours and stale smells in your living space.
Organic Lime Oil Key Benefits:
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Uplifting and energizing
- Fresh and zesty aroma helps to eliminate odours
- Has been seen to help with stress and depression
- Helpful for clearing mental fatigue & boosting focus
- May help reduce appearance of acne, dark spots, scars & cellulite
- Astringent properties aid in balancing excess oil production
- Useful in general household cleaning
- Limonene content can help to repel insects
Organic Lime Oil Therapeutic Properties:
Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Decongestant, Astringent, Disinfectant, Anti-depressant, Antibacterial, Antiviral and Antimicrobial
Organic Lime Oil General Uses:
Aromatherapy, Household Cleaning, Skincare products, Massage, Insect Repellent
Organic Lime Oil Emotional Benefits:
Stimulating, Balancing, Energizing, Uplifting, Clarifying
How to use Lime Essential Oil
- Diffuse: Add a few drops to an aromatherapy diffuser or electric vaporiser and let the zesty and uplifing aroma of Lime Essential Oil fill your environment.
- Topically: Dilute a few drops of Organic Lime Oil into a carrier oil, massage oil, or moisturiser to soothe sore, tight and fatigued muscles.
- Skin Serum: Add a few drops to a carrier oil of choice; we recommend Jojoba Oil or Rosehip Oil as these carrier oils are well known for their skin benefits. Once diluted, apply nightly to desired areas, avoiding your eyes and sensitive areas.
See topical dilution guide below for safe topical application
- Bath: Adding 2-3 drops to a warm bath may help assist with body aches & poor circulation.
- On The Go: Add 4-6 drops of Lime Oil to a 15ml roller bottle and top with Fractionated Coconut Oil to create an on-the-go calming roller blend.
- Fast Remedy: Add 1-2 drops of Lime Essential Oil to a tissue and inhale at a distance while ensuring that the oil does not come into direct contact with the skin. Alternatively, you can smell the oil directly from the bottle!
NOTE: Cold Pressed Lime Essential Oils are phototoxic. This means that when applied topically (even when diluted), this essential oil can cause skin sensitivity when exposed to sunlight. We recommend avoiding direct sunlight for 24h after topical application.
Topical Dilution Guidelines
Please note that the following guidelines are recommended for healthy adults:
- General Use: 2 – 4% dilution (4 – 8 drops per 10ml)
- Facial Application: 1 – 2% dilution (2 – 4 drops per 10ml)
Botanical Name: Citrus aurantifolia
Other Names: Cold Pressed Lime Essential Oil
INCI Name: Citrus aurantifolia Oil
Cas Number: 90063-52-8
EINICS Number: 290-010-3
Ingredients: 100% Citrus aurantifolia Peel Oil
Plant Part: Fruit rind
Method of Extraction: Cold Pressing
Appearance: Thin liquid
Colour: Colourless to yellow
Country of Origin: Mexico
Key Constituents: limonene, β-pinene, γ-Terpinene, citral
Aroma: Citrus, Zesty, Sweet
* This product is Certified Organic by ACO (Australian Certified Organic) - Certification #12456
Lime Essential Oil Safety
- Essential oils are extremely potent and can cause serious harm if used incorrectly.
- In line with the Therapeutic Goods Act, we do not recommend ingesting essential oils without the guidance of a registered Aromatherapist or Naturopath.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using essential oils during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- Essential oils are very concentrated and are likely to cause irritation or reactions if applied directly to the skin. For this reason, we recommend diluting your essential oils before using topically (on the skin).
- Please note that Cold Pressed Lime Essential Oil is phototoxic. This means that when diluted and applied topically, this essential oil can cause skin sensitivity when exposed to sunlight.
Buy Organic Lime Essential Oil Online
Obtained from the fruit rind of the Citrus aurantifolia (Lime) fruit species, AWO’s 100% Pure Certified Organic Lime Essential Oil is ethically sourced and extracted using the Cold Pressing method. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure essential oils offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality essential oils you can buy online today, we also offer shipping Australia wide.
100% Pure & Natural
Our products are ethically sourced from the highest quality ingredients.
No GMO's Or Synthetics
This product is free from genetically modified organisms and synthetic enhancers.
Not Tested On Animals
We are proud to ensure that our products are not tested on animals.
This product is plant based and vegan friendly.
We are dedicated to providing eco-friendly, recyclable packaging.
Dangerous Goods Notice:
This item cannot be shipped overseas or via express within Australia as it is classified as a Dangerous Good for shipping purposes.