BERGAMOT ESSENTIAL OIL - CERTIFIED ORGANIC*
With a delightfully delicate, light and refreshing essence – oranges and lemons mixed with floral top notes - Bergamot Essential Oil Certified Organic is a much-loved product highly valued for its mental and physical healing powers.
Historically, Italians first appreciated the benefits of Bergamot as a treatment for infections, diseases, fevers and various skin conditions. Nowadays, people the world over use this powerful aromatherapy tool to calm the nerves, nurture the skin and encourage a positive mindset.
Sweet and citrusy, cold-pressed 100% organic Bergamot oil is a popular addition to health and wellbeing products, enjoyed topically with a carrier oil in DIY home remedies or diffused.
- Organic Bergamot Essential Oil is primarily known to calm and uplift the mind, making it excellent to remove nervous tension and negative emotions.
- Bergamot contains Linalool, a natural sedative that promotes better sleep and rest.
- The antiseptic properties in Bergamot have been seen to assist with infections and fevers.
- When diluted and applied topically, Organic Bergamot Oil is a natural skin cleanser, soothing conditions such as acne, eczema and psoriasis.
- An anti-inflammatory, Bergamot oil is said to reduce swelling, minimise growths and repair sores.
- Due to its pleasantly refreshing aroma, Bergamot oil makes a fantastic deodoriser and insect repellent.
Organic Bergamot Oil Key Benefits:
- 100% organic product
- Can help level out mood swings
- Known to calm the mind
- Popular for overall immune support
- Helps reduce growths - abscesses, boils and cold sores
- May help skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis
- Skin cleansing properties help combat acne
- Said to promote a more restful sleep
- Makes an effective room deodoriser
- Limonene content can help repel insects
Organic Bergamot Oil Therapeutic Properties:
Antibacterial, Antiseptic, Anti-fungal, Anti-inflammatory, Relaxant, Immune Support
Organic Bergamot Oil General Uses:
Aromatherapy, Household Cleaning, Skincare products, Personal Care, Soaps & Candles, Massage, Insect Repellent
Organic Bergamot Oil Emotional Benefits:
Balancing, Regulating, Uplifting, Energising, Harmonising, Refreshing
How to use Bergamot Essential Oil
- Diffuse: Add a few drops to an aromatherapy diffuser or electric vaporiser and let the fresh aroma of Bergamot Oil fill your environment.
- Topically: Add 4-6 drops of Bergamot Oil to a 15ml roller bottle and top with Fractionated Coconut Oil to create an on-the-go balancing roller blend.
- Massage: Dilute a few drops of Bergamot Oil into a carrier oil, massage oil, or moisturiser to invigorate sore & fatigued muscles.
See topical dilution guide below for safe topical application
- Bath: Add a few drops of Bergamot Essential Oil to a warm bath to help ease tension & stress in the body & mind.
- Fast Remedy: Add 1-2 drops of Bergamot Oil to a tissue and inhale at a distance while ensuring that the oil does not come into direct contact with the skin. Alternatively, you can smell the oil directly from the bottle!
Note: Normally, Bergamot Essential Oil contains naturally occurring bergaptens or furo/furano-coumarins, which are known to cause skin phototoxicity. This means that the skin can discolour when exposed to direct sunlight and in some cases cause burning. AWO’s Bergamot Oil Certified Organic has been debergaptenised, making it bergapten-free or non-phototoxic.
If you prefer a conventional Bergamot Oil that has not been debergaptenised, try our Bergamot Essential Oil.
Topical Dilution Guidelines
Please note that the following guidelines are recommended for healthy adults:
- General Use: 2 – 4% dilution (4 – 8 drops per 10ml)
- Facial Application: 1 – 2% dilution (2 – 4 drops per 10ml)
Botanical Name: Citrus bergamia
INCI Name: Citrus bergamia Peel Oil
Cas Number: 8007-75-8
Ingredients: 100% Citrus bergamia oil
Plant Part: Fruit Rind
Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed & debergaptenised per (fractional) distillation
Appearance: Free flowing liquid
Colour: Light yellow to Green
Country of Origin: Italy
Key Constituents: d-Limonene
Aroma: Citrusy, Fresh, Slightly Floral
* This product is Certified Organic by ACO (Australian Certified Organic) - Certification #12456
Organic Bergamot Essential Oil Safety
- Essential oils are extremely potent and can cause serious harm if used incorrectly.
- In line with the Therapeutic Goods Act, we do not recommend ingesting essential oils without the guidance of a registered Aromatherapist or Naturopath.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using essential oils during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- Essential oils are very concentrated and are likely to cause irritation or reactions if applied directly to the skin. For this reason, we recommend diluting your essential oils before using topically (on the skin).
Buy Organic Bergamot Essential Oil Online
Extracted from the fruit rind of the Citrus bergamia botanical species, AWO’s 100% pure Bergamot Essential Oil Certified Organic is ethically sourced and extracted using the cold pressing method. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure essential oils offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality essential oils you can buy online today, we also offer shipping Australia wide.
100% Pure & Natural
Our products are ethically sourced from the highest quality ingredients.
No GMO's Or Synthetics
This product is free from genetically modified organisms and synthetic enhancers.
Not Tested On Animals
We are proud to ensure that our products are not tested on animals.
This product is plant based and vegan friendly.
We are dedicated to providing eco-friendly, recyclable packaging.
Dangerous Goods Notice:
This item cannot be shipped overseas or via express within Australia as it is classified as a Dangerous Good for shipping purposes.