JOJOBA OIL GOLDEN
Jojoba (pronounced ho-ho-ba) Oil Golden is a liquid wax ester used as an effective essential oil carrier and a super-powerful skincare additive.
First used by Native Americans to treat wounds, this all-natural product derived from the Simmondsia chinensis desert shrub contains all kinds of nutrients thought to benefit the body. In particular, skin loves this cold-pressed oil because of its sebum-like properties that balance out natural oils while providing much-needed moisture and nourishment. As such, it finds its way into a plethora of self-care and cosmetics products.
High molecular stability gives Jojoba Oil an extensive shelf life, making it a great addition to your oils collection, ready to dose or dilute your DIY skin and haircare products for years.
- Rich in Vitamins A, B, D and E, antioxidants and essential fatty acids, Jojoba works hard to help repair damaged skin cells and provides long-lasting moisture and hydration.
- Chemical constituents like Oleic Acid help reduce inflammation, stiffness and pain.
- Because it closely resembles our natural skin sebum, Jojoba all but tricks the skin into thinking it has produced sufficient oils, reducing any excess production that can cause breakouts.
- Light and easy to absorb, Jojoba Oil suits all skin types, particularly sensitive, oily and combination skin.
- Rich in moisturising properties, Jojoba Golden is excellent for providing long lasting hydration.
- Jojobas' antioxidant qualities are ideal for mature skin, helping to repair damaged skin cells, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and protect against harsh environmental factors.
- When used on the hair, Jojoba Carrier Oil exerts powerful conditioning properties that help keep the hair soft, shiny and hydrated, free from split ends and dandruff.
If you're looking for a Refined or Certified Organic option, view our range of Jojoba Oils.
Jojoba Oil Key Benefits:
Jojoba Oil Golden delivers multiple benefits, such as:
- 100% natural plant origin
- Contains antioxidants that help fight free radicals
- Rich in fatty acids essential for overall health
- High in Vitamins A, B, D & E
- Suitable for all skin types
- Light, non-greasy and quick to absorb
- Non-comedogenic (doesn’t clog pores)
- Balances the skin’s natural oils
- Helps fight the signs of ageing
- Offers natural sun protection
- Promotes soft, shiny, healthy-looking hair
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory
- Non-oxidant properties – lasts longer
Jojoba Oil Uses:
There are many popular uses for Jojoba Oil Golden, including:
- Skin serums and moisturisers
- Hand creams
- Shampoos and conditioners
- Hair products
- Massage oils
- Body butter
- Animal care
- Baby care products
How to use Jojoba Oil
Jojoba Oil can be appreciated in many ways. Here are some of our favourite applications:
- Directly on the Skin: Enjoy Jojoba Oil as a facial serum, skin healer or an all-over body moisturiser. Apply to the skin on its own or combined with other Carrier Oils and safe levels of Essential Oils.
- Massage: Use straight or dilute 100ml of Jojoba Oil with a few drops of your favourite Essential Oil to create a hydrating and soothing massage oil.
- Diluting with Essential Oils: Jojoba Oil Refined makes a great base for diluting essential oils due to its low odour and easily absorbable nature.
- Hair Mask: Apply a few drops of Jojoba Oil directly onto damp hair roots and ends to nourish and repair dry or damaged hair. Leave for a few minutes (or as long as possible) before shampooing well.
- Leave-in Hair Treatment: Jojoba Oils lightweight nature means it can be left in your hair. Apply a small amount of oil to your hands and run through the ends of your clean hair - best applied after washing (either before or after drying). A little goes a long way, so dont use too much, and allow about an hour for the oil to fully soak in.
- Skincare: Add Jojoba Oil to your home-made skin formulations - facial serums, body butter, lotions and moisturisers.
Botanical Name: Simmondsia Chinensis
INCI Name: Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil
Other Names: Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil, Virgin Jojoba Oil, Cold Pressed Golden Jojoba
Cas Number: 61789-91-1
EINECS Number: 612-381-6 / 289-964-3
Ingredients: 100% Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil
Plant Part: Seeds
Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed
Appearance: Clear, oily viscous liquid
Colour: Pale to dark golden yellow
Country of Origin: Panama
Jojoba Oil Safety & Storage
- Jojoba Oil is not to be taken internally. Our business specialises in aromatherapy & skincare products; therefore, our products are not food grade and for this reason we advise against ingesting these products or using them for culinary purposes.
- Carrier oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- We recommend storing your carrier oils in a dark, cool place at room temperature and away from direct sunlight.
- At cool temperatures, 100% Pure Jojoba Oils may go cloudy due to its wax content, and require gentle warming to return to its clear state. Wait for the wax to cool before any skin application.
100% Pure & Natural
Our products are ethically sourced from the highest quality ingredients.
No GMO's Or Synthetics
This product is free from genetically modified organisms and synthetic enhancers.
Not Tested On Animals
We are proud to ensure that our products are not tested on animals.
This product is plant based and vegan friendly.
We are dedicated to providing eco-friendly, recyclable packaging.
Dangerous Goods Notice:
This item cannot be shipped overseas or via express within Australia as it is classified as a Dangerous Good for shipping purposes.