100% Pure Shea Butter Refined - Certified Organic*
Shea Butter is obtained from the Shea-Karite Tree (or Shea Tree) which is native to West Africa, and has been used in African skin & hair care for generations. It is naturally rich in vitamins A, E and F, and is said to offer a mild sun protection factor (approximately SPF 6). It is solid at room temperature but softens when warmed and on contact with skin.
Shea Butter is rich in fats, making it a fantastic moisturiser for dry and ageing skin, and is commonly used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema and blemishes. It is also useful in helping to reduce the appearance of scars, hives, rashes, fine lines and wrinkles, whilst strengthening, protecting and regenerating the skin. Experiments show that it also possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
Shea butter can be used on its own directly on the skin, but is also commonly used in skin care products. As an industry favourite, it is used in a variety of applications ranging from Lip balms, Body masks, Creams, Lotions, Body butters, Hair care products, Liquid and Bar Soaps, Bath oils, Suncare products, Baby products, and the list goes on.
Unlike many Shea Butters that are solvent extracted, AWO's Shea Butter is cold pressed using a traditional hand extraction method. It has then been refined to remove the odour, whilst retaining its properties. It is not melted down when packaging, it is carved straight from the block, avoiding any unnecessary heating.
Shea Butter Key Benefits:
- 100% Natural origin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Safe for those with nut allergies
- Anti-inflammatory and Antifungal properties
- Rich in Antioxidants (Vitamins A & E)
- High in linoleic and oleic acids
- Helps protect & prevent cell damage
- Provides relief to dry skin & irritation
- Soothing and healing benefits for damaged skin
- Natural levels of SPF (3-4)
- Contains triterpenes which can help promote cell regeneration
Shea Butter Uses & Applications:
Listed below are just some of the popular ways Shea Butter is used
- Lip care products
- Hand creams & Lotions
- Moisturizers & other Body Care products
- Liquid & Soap bars
- Suncare Products
- Hair Conditioners & Shampoos
- Shaving Products
- Shower Gels/Body Washes
- Baby care products
How to use Shea Butter
Below is one of our favourite easy DIY recipes using Shea Butter.
- Easy Shea Butter Lip Balm: For this recipe, you'll need some lip balm containers (tubes or pots are both fine) - have these set up and ready to filled before beginning. You'll also need a double boiler, or you can makeshift one using a small pot with a heat safe bowl that can sit on top of the bowl (above the water level).
- In the top bowl, add the Shea butter, Beeswax & Coconut Oil and place the bowl over the boiler. Heat gently and stir continuously until all ingredients have melted.
- Turn off the heat, and if using the Vitamin E and Essential Oils, add these in now and gently stir to combine.
- Immediately transfer the liquid to your lip balm containers using a dropper (you can also use a spoon and small funnel)
- Allow to set completely before using - you can transfer them to the fridge to speed this process up if desired.
Ingredients: Shea (Butyrospermum Parkii) Butter
INCI Name: Butyrospermum Parkii (Vitellaria paradoxa)
Other Names: Raw Shea Butter, Karite Butter, African Butter
CAS #: 194043-92-0
Method of Extraction: Traditional extraction method by hand (solvent free)
Appearance: Firm Solid Butter
Colour: Off White to Yellow
Odour: Odourless to Mild Fatty
Country of Origin: Ghana
Function: Emollient / Body Building / Hydration
Melting Point: 31º-38ºC
Recommended Usage: Bar Soaps: 3-12 % | Lotions & Creams: 2-20% | Balms: 5-100 %
* This product is Certified Organic by ACO (Australian Certified Organic) - Certification #12456
**Our Shea Butter is also available in a Conventional option, as well as a Conventional Unrefined Option.
100% Pure & Natural
Our products are ethically sourced from the highest quality ingredients.
No GMO's Or Synthetics
This product is free from genetically modified organisms and synthetic enhancers.
Not Tested On Animals
We are proud to ensure that our products are not tested on animals.
This product is plant based and vegan friendly.
We are dedicated to providing eco-friendly, recyclable packaging.
Dangerous Goods Notice:
This item cannot be shipped overseas or via express within Australia as it is classified as a Dangerous Good for shipping purposes.