RHASSOUL MOROCCAN CLAY
Derived from ancient volcanic rocks & ash in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco, Rhassoul Clay is known by many names including Ghassoul Clay, Moroccan Lava Clay and Moroccan Red Clay. Its first known use dates back to the 13th century where it was utilized during hammam rituals and in beauty routines due to its natural cleansing and purifying properties.
With natural detergent properties, it makes for the perfect natural cleanser when used in conjunction with plain or floral water. In fact, the term “ghassoul” comes from the Arabic word that means “wash”
Rich in minerals such as silica, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, iron, sodium and potassium, Rhassoul Clay is believed to contain the largest variety of minerals in the clay family. The natural properties in these minerals have seen amazing benefits when it comes to skin and hair care.
- Its mineral properties work to draw out and remove excess oils, dead skin cells, toxins, and impurities from deep within the skin.
- Rhassoul Clay can aid in skin detoxification, rejuvenation and toning.
- It has seen positive benefits when it comes to reducing blemishes and blackheads, improving skin tone and hydrating dry skin.
- The magnesium and calcium content within this clay have shown to help support healthy skin barrier renewal.
- The silica content in the clay can act as a scalp exfoliant, helping to cleanse impurities and excess oils, as well as leaving hair with a healthy shine.
- Rhassoul clays detergent properties also make it ideal as a washing base in natural shampoo.
Rhassoul Moroccan Clay Key Benefits:
Among many, some of the most notable Rhassoul Moroccan Clay Benefits are;
- 100% Natural mineral origin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Rich in minerals, especially magnesium and potassium
- Detoxifying and exfoliating properties
- High absorption ratio
- Draws excess oil & impurities from skin
- Natural cleansing & purifying qualities
- Helps to unclog and tighten pores
- Promotes refined skin texture
- Helps to fight acne and breakouts
Rhassoul Moroccan Clay Uses:
Listed below are just some of the popular ways Rhassoul Clay is used:
- Face washes & Cleansers
- Face & Body masks
- Hair Masks
- Body Washes & Scrubs
- Liquid soaps & Soap bars
Below are some of our favourite easy uses for Rhassoul Clay:
- Mask: For a simple and effective face mask, mix a few drops of your favourite carrier oil, and 1-2 tbsp plain or floral water into 1tbsp of clay until a smooth paste is formed (add more water as needed). 1-2 drops of essential oil can also be added for extra benefits. Apply to the face or body and leave for about 10 minutes (or until partially dry). Gently rinse off and finish with a good moisturiser or face serum.
- Scalp Treatment: To help combat oily hair, try combining 1tbsp with 2-3tbsp water to make a thin mixture (add more water as needed). Apply and massage it into your scalp and leave for 5-10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and shampoo afterwards if desired.
- Mineral bath: Add 1/2 cup of Rhassoul Clay to a bath of warm water, to soothe sunburned or irritated skin, relieve arthritis or muscle pains, and reduce stress.
Things to consider when using Rhassoul Moroccan Clay:
- Please use with caution as clays may stain fabric.
- Do not store or mix the clay powder in/with metal utensils. Always use plastic, glass, ceramic or wooden utensils and storage containers.
INCI Name: Moroccan Lava Clay / Ghassoul
Other Name/s: Ghassoul Clay, Rhassoul Clay, Moroccan Red Clay
Composition: 100% natural mineral product
CAS Number: 12417-86-6
Accreditations: Ecocert (raw material) Approved, COSMOS Approved
Ingredients: 100% Pure Rhassoul (Ghassoul) Clay
Processing Method: Natural drying followed by mechanical grinding
Appearance: Fine loose powder
Colour: Beige to Reddish brown
Country of Origin: Morocco
Recommended Usage: up to 100%
Rhassoul Moroccan Clay Safety & Storage
- Clay are not to be taken internally. Our business specialises in aromatherapy & skincare products; therefore, our products are not food grade and for this reason we advise against ingesting these products or using them for culinary purposes.
- Cosmetic products should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- We recommend storing your clay in an airtight container, in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight. Always use plastic, glass, ceramic or wooden utensils and storage containers.
100% Pure & Natural
Our products are ethically sourced from the highest quality ingredients.
No GMO's Or Synthetics
This product is free from genetically modified organisms and synthetic enhancers.
Not Tested On Animals
We are proud to ensure that our products are not tested on animals.
This product is plant based and vegan friendly.
We are dedicated to providing eco-friendly, recyclable packaging.
Dangerous Goods Notice:
This item cannot be shipped overseas or via express within Australia as it is classified as a Dangerous Good for shipping purposes.