Allantoin, the diureide of glyoxylic acid, is a crystallized oxidation product of uric acid found naturally in many plants including wheat germ, rice polishings and comfrey roots.
An exceptional healing, moisturizing, soothing and anti-irritating agent, Allantoin can be used in many cosmetic formulations such as:
- Skin Creams, Moisturizers & Lotions (Hand, Face & Body) - Helps to restore soft, healthy skin
- Bath Products - Ideal addition to bath and shower products, leaving skin soft and moisturized
- Lip Balms - Aids in the prevention and protection of cracked, chapped and wind burned lips
- Aftershave and Shave Products - Provides added moisture and protection for skin damaged from daily shaving
- Anti-Ageing Products - Helps reverse aging and skin damage by promoting new cell growth
In addition to its moisturizing and healing properties, Allantoin is an effective anti-irritant, protecting the skin and alleviating the irritation potential of harsh surfactants, oils, and acidic or alkaline materials.
Allantoin is also useful for the temporary protection of minor cuts, scrapes, burns and sunburn, it helps to soften and relieve dryness in cold sores and fever blisters, and it helps to prevent and treat diaper rash by protecting skin from irritation and sealing out wetness.
INCI Name: Allantoin
Suggested Usage: 0.2% - 2.0%
Appearance: Odourless, Crystalline White Powder
Grade: Pharmaceutical grade - Complies with EP (European Pharmacopoeia) and USP (U.S Pharmacopoeia)