Commonly known as 'Gold of Pleasure', Camelina Oil, also known as Camelina Carrier Oil, is very similar to flax and is often found growing wild amongst flax. It is a very rich source of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFA's), Linoleic Acid, Vitamin E and Natural Antioxidants. Due to its high Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) and Linoleic Acid content, the benefits of Camelina Oil are incredibly effective on the skin. In addition, because it is such a versatile oil it is also commonly used for diluting essential oils.
- Camelina Carrier Oil acts as a natural anti-aging and emollient agent to improve skin elasticity and suppleness.
- For this reason, it is commonly used in Cosmetics, Toiletries, Soaps & Sun Care formulations. Camelina Oil is also a great oil for direct application in massage, skin care and hair care.
- When used on the hair, this oil is particularly useful in alleviating dry and flaky skin. It is also believed to keep the hair looking soft and moisturised.
- Massage: To create a relaxing massage oil simply dilute a few drops of your favourite essential oil in Camelina Carrier Oil and massage into the skin.
- Diluting with Essential Oils: Camelina Oil makes a great base for diluting essential oils. In saying this, it goes great in a lot of skincare formulations such as skin serums and moisturisers.
- Hair Mask: You can also apply this carrier oil to the scalp to create a nourishing hair mask.
Botanical Name: Camelina Sativa
Other Name: Gold of Pleasure
Obtained From: Seeds
Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed
Country of Origin: USA
Suggested Usage: Lotions & Creams 1-5% | Balms 2-7% | Bar Soaps 2-7%
Camelina Oil Safety
- Camelina Carrier Oil is not to be taken internally. Our business specialises in aromatherapy products; therefore, our products are not food grade. For this reason, we advise against ingesting these products or using them for culinary purposes.
- Carrier oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- We recommend storing your carrier oils in a dark, cool place at room temperature and away from direct sunlight.
- Camelina Oil should be avoided by those with nut allergies.
Buy Camelina Oil Online
Extracted from the seeds of the Camelina Sativa botanical species, AWO’s 100% pure Camelina Oil is ethically sourced using the cold pressing method. AWO is an Australian supplier of pure carrier oils offering quality products at affordable prices, we also offer bulk and wholesale pricing. For those wanting to purchase quality carrier oils you can buy online today, we also offer shipping Australia wide.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have been looking for this oil for awhile, It goes on nicely , stays on the skin for awhile, and the skin feels nice and soft, Tho i was also looking for the oil that you can eat as well, i thought that , that was what i had brought but it wasnt so i was abit disappointed, So now i have to buy 2 different oils to use, which makes it abit over the top money wise ...